Whether you're trying to enrich your diet with healthy fats or more fibre or you're simply out of ingredients to work with in your pantry - this simply 6 ingredient flatbread is the recipe for you. They're the perfect vessel for just about anything including grilled veggies and hummus or even some nut butter and banana!
- High in fibre
- Packed with healthy fats
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 + 1 tbs cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp psyllium flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
Dairy Free - Gluten Free - Vegan - Refined Sugar Free - Keto
1. Mix all of your dry ingredients
2. Add wet ingredients and combine well
3. It may take some time for the liquid to absorb - keep mixing until you have a dough-like consistency. Allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes to allow more of the liquid to absorb
4. Divide your mixture into 4-6 balls
5. Put one ball onto a sheet of parchment paper and lay another sheet of parchment paper on top. Using a book or something large and flat, press down on top of the top layer of parchment paper to 'press' your flatbread into a thin even layer.
6. Heat a large skillet on medium high and grease lightly. Once hot, take your flatbread and carefully peel off the parchment paper, sticking the flatbread to the skillet. Gently remove the second parchment paper. Keep and reuse the parchment paper for each flatbread.
7. Cook for roughly 3 minutes per side until golden brown.