What's better than chia and flax? Sprouted chia and flax. Why? Well to put it simply, it's just better for you. To be more specific, the sprouting process activates seeds, improves digestability and allows for a greater absorption of nutrients. Sprouting not only dramatically increases the vitamin and mineral content of the seeds, it also increases their antioxidant content two fold. It's one thing for something to have benefits, it's another when your body is actually able to reap them! Add our sprouted chia & flax to just about any recipe - including these indulgent chocolate raw-nola bars!
- An excellent source of fibre
- A good source of thiamine, magnesium, phosphorus and manganese
- A good source of omega-3's
What You’ll Need:
Dairy Free - Gluten Free - Vegan - Refined Sugar Free - Paleo
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Chill Time: 30 minutes
- Yields: Roughly 8 bars
- Line the bottom and the sides of a baking tray with parchment/wax paper. In a microwave safe dish, melt 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Whisk the hazelnut butter (or nut butter of choice), maple syrup and vanilla into the coconut oil. Whisk in the cacao powder until fully incorporated.
- Combine chocolate mixture with rolled oats, shredded coconut, sprouted chia/flax and salt.
- Press the mixture into the baking tray. Set in the freezer for a minimum of 30 minutes. Cut into desired size. Enjoy!