Chia seeds are one of those things that can be incorporated into almost anything. Whole chia seeds can be added to smoothies, baked goods and overnight oats and when milled, can even be added to our Perfect Pesto. Incorporating chia seeds into your recipes adds omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fiber, calcium and antioxidants. However, they don’t add much taste. Chia seeds can also absorb an incredible amount of liquid, up to 12 times their volume. Many recommend soaking the seeds before consuming them to reap the most benefits. Although chia water can be beneficial to your health, it definitely isn’t the tastiest way to consume these wonderful seeds. Instead, try making our Chia Pudding, a sure way to enjoy all of the benefits while making the seeds the star of the recipe!
Chia Pudding is best made the night before, and makes for a quick and easy breakfast or snack. This recipe is for the basic foundation of any Chia Pudding, so feel free to add any additional spices or flavours such as cinnamon, cacao powder, vanilla, fruit, nut butters and more!
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Rich in antioxidants
- High in fiber
- Contains Iron & Calcium
What You’ll Need:
Dairy Free - Nut Free - Vegan
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Soak Time: Minimum 3 hours
- Yields: 3-4 C
- Whisk the chia seeds and dairy free milk in a large mixing bowl*. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Whisk again to prevent the seeds from clumping together or sticking to the bowl
- Pour the mixture into an airtight jar and chill in the fridge overnight or for a minimum of 3 hours**
- Portion into bowl(s) and top with granola, nuts or fruit***
* If sweetener is needed, incorporate into this step
** To prevent clumping, give the jar a good shake every so often
*** Portion into airtight jars with desired toppings and refrigerate for a quick breakfast or snack on the go!